What do I do if my broker has made misrepresentations about the investments I was sold?

If you believe that a broker has made material misrepresentations to you concerning the nature of a security or investment you were sold, you need to contact an attorney right way.

As discussed in the “About Securities Law” page, if the security or investment was sold to you through a typical broker-dealer, then most likely as a part of setting up your account you have agreed to mandatory arbitration through the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).

Regardless of whether you were sold the investment by a broker dealer or through some other avenue if the person who sold you the security made misrepresentations about the nature of the investment, the risks assocaited with the investment, the quality of the underlying assets associated with the investment, or any other material misrepresentation you may have claims for Intentional Misrepresentation, Negligent Misrepresentation, or violation of Wisconsin’s Uniform Securities Law.

A violation of Wisconsin’s Uniform Securities Law carries with it remedies which can include rescission of the investment (they have to give you all the money you invested back), attorneys’ fees, and statutory interest of 5% from the date of the investment.

If you believe you have been the victim of misrepresentation in regards to the sale of a security or investment, contact an attorney right away to allow them to evaluate your claim.